Molong Hismelt Plant Tour
Plant Facilities: Smelting & Reduction technology
- China commissions first commercial HIsmelt plant in Shandong province with an annual capacity of 0.8 MnT, which can produce iron using low-grade Iron ore fines and non-coking coal
- This technology can replace blast furnace, eliminating the need of sinter plants, pellet plants and coke ovens
- Simple production process with less investment and low operational costs (20% less than B.F.)
- Significantly improves environmental performance with a promising reduction of CO2 emissions.
- Produces higher quality and pure pig iron with low phosphorus content and “0” silicon.
- Molong HIsmelt Plant is recognized by CSM (The Chinese Society of Metals) and has been awarded an International leading level.